Resistance:FoM IGN Review - PMS | H2O Clan Website

Go Back   PMS | H2O Clan Website > General Arena > General Community Discussion > Video Games > Playstation Games

Notices

Old 11-11-2006, 12:20 PM
H2O Clan
Send a message via MSN to H2O SkywalkerX Send a message via Skype™ to H2O SkywalkerX
Default Resistance:FoM IGN Review

9.1!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745206p1.html

a small quote from it i thought was very cool:

Quote:
Further enhancing the atmosphere are the visuals themselves. Though they're certainly not the most impressive we've ever seen, they're still pretty powerful and accomplish a number of remarkable technical feats. The framerate is locked at 30 the whole way through and doesn't falter anywhere... ever. In fact, regardless of how many enemies and moving objects were on the screen at one time, there wasn't a single frame hitch the entire way through. Oh, and since we're talking about enemies and objects, there are scores of them -- Chimera, British soldiers, tanks, VTOLs, debris, tracers, explosions, and plenty of other moving and stationary are everywhere with alarming frequency. Each and every environment is noticeably different from one another as well, and while the texture work isn't overly detailed, it still looks pretty good. Of course, being that Fall of Man is a first-person shooter, it's the gameplay that matters most and thankfully, Resistance has that in spades.
Multiplayer:

Quote:
As strong as everything in Resistance is, the real standout factor in the experience is its multiplayer. Simply put, it's incredible. Jacked in from multiple locations (via broadband Internet connection) we were consistently able to enjoy 30-40 player games with no noticeable lag whatsoever (Insomniac did a fantastic job of hiding what little latency there appears to be). And while all these opponents made for crazy all-out wars, the multiplayer options are flexible enough to allow users to scale maps downward to accommodate smaller parties (40, 32, 24, 16 map types), choose Chimeran or Human sides (complete with unique abilities), and alter the rules to allow for a multitude of possibilities.
Quote:
But let's be honest, Resistance doesn't have to be perfect to be fun, and fun is exactly what it is. From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one. Epic boss battles (the final few are crazy!), ever-changing scenery, addictive weaponry, and a unique thematic are just a few of the reasons Resistance stands out. But above all else, it's the multiplayer elements that truly ascend this one to the next level. It's a must have for sure.
it's going to dominate for shooters this year, im sure of it.

EDIT: check out the video review, some cool gameplay, and pretty much a smaller version of the written review.

Last edited by H2O SkywalkerX; 11-11-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:25 PM
PMS Clan Founder
PMS Clan, Inc Executive Team

Oo nice! I will have to check it out!

Old 11-11-2006, 02:35 PM
H2O Clan

The game does look amazing no argument there, i got a chance to play it at Digital life this year and i wasnt to impressed with what it offered storyline wise and the enemy A.I seems a little off..Not to mention the ps3 controller feels so cheap like any one can break it if it's held to tight idk..Playstation has never held down the front when it comes to FPS..but that's me

Click the image to open in full size.
This Sig was Free <3
Old 11-11-2006, 03:22 PM
H2O Clan
Send a message via MSN to H2O SkywalkerX Send a message via Skype™ to H2O SkywalkerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oDigital View Post
The game does look amazing no argument there, i got a chance to play it at Digital life this year and i wasnt to impressed with what it offered storyline wise and the enemy A.I seems a little off..Not to mention the ps3 controller feels so cheap like any one can break it if it's held to tight idk..Playstation has never held down the front when it comes to FPS..but that's me
yeah, but i'm sure they have improved a lot since then, and any fps single player that is 12-16 hours long is probably a deep and good one. i haven't gotten the chance to play with the controller, but i don't really care, apparantly it was redesigned it for better fps games, so we will see. can't really tell till it's out. plus, resistance is all about the really cool weapons, which, since it is the makers of rachet and clank, i'm sure they will be good.