X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Girl Here!! could use help!!

Originally posted by H2O R3LYK_ View Post
    Tbh, I just prefer Mumble over Vent. :P
    No argument there, I prefer mumble as well, but the origin of this discussion was that of casual member's feeling left out. It seems like that putting them on a different VOIP server would only make them feel more left out.
    tomorrow (noun) - a mystical land where 99% of all human
    productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Stream | YouTube | Thanks for signature Chaser!

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Yogurt View Post
      No argument there, I prefer mumble as well, but the origin of this discussion was that of casual member's feeling left out. It seems like that putting them on a different VOIP server would only make them feel more left out.
      I thought that I read that the Vent server is mostly unused as well? So really we're not segregating them any more.

Idk, if the vote swings towards a Vent channel.. it really makes no difference to me. My headset works on both. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by H2O R3LYK_ View Post
        I thought that I read that the Vent server is mostly unused as well? So really we're not segregating them any more.

Idk, if the vote swings towards a Vent channel.. it really makes no difference to me. My headset works on both. Lol
        I would say that the Vent server goes unused is very incorrect. At the very least, there are 50 or so people during peak times playing various games.

edit: Although they may no be in the public channels that is.
        tomorrow (noun) - a mystical land where 99% of all human
        productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Stream | YouTube | Thanks for signature Chaser!

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa...Vent server is used BIG time. It may not be used a lot for your particular division or game, but it is definitely used a LOT. I've seen 20-25 people on Vent just for LoL practice alone. Nevermind DotA, Hearthstone, SCII, etc.

I'm with Yogurt...they're may not be anyone hanging out in public channels, but it is DEFINITELY used.

sigpic

Please follow on Twitter at @BasiliskH2O

Comment

I.. didn't even know we had a Mumble o.O

I get kicked out of Mumble a lot, and that's with about eight people in for certain meetings I attend for school projects (game design stuff.) I don't know if this is something on my end, or the host for the Mumble server's end. Either way, I'm for utilizing Vent UNTIL we see how many people would populate the public channels and how often.

If there's a Casuals Lounge, that would be cool. I know Soarin' and I took to Vent to play a bit of ESO on our own a while ago, and we hung out in the public channel for a bit. We were the only ones there o.o This was also mentioned -> I know that we don't want to overload Vent, and if there are more Casuals coming in to hang out (which they should!) then we would probably need different rooms for different games. It'd get confusing to be in a room where, say, 6 people were playing different games and chatting about it. Making more rooms though.. I dunno.

Would it be worth it to see if the Public Channels in Vent would get used at all to start off with? Then we could see if there's a need to promote Mumble?

*Want to clarify that I hate to see our Mumble not being used, so I'm a bit on the fence. Hmmm, choices!*

Gilly H2O l Neeks PMS l H2O Soarin' l H2O Dufferz
            Happiness is belt-fed.

Comment

I just want to say how I love this thread titled "New girl looking for help" has become a huge discussion on Vent vs. Mumble...lol

sigpic

Please follow on Twitter at @BasiliskH2O

Comment

Curious? I know this is a little off the subject of vent and mumble but, Right before I had stepped down from general a cpl years back. I thought they were planning on doing something that would allow new forum members to get their clan rights without having to join a division.... since we had so many forum members that were casual gamers or played games that we didn't have divisions for... Did anything ever come about from that Piranha or Doc (figured you two would know)?

Comment

Not that I've been aware of since I've been a general - I brought this up at our monthly meeting & it was agreed that we could do a mumble & we may have some forums coming up in the future - but I've never heard that :/ Then again, that was during the old leadership so who knows!

Comment

Happy Easter!

♥♥♥ Mercedes is My Rock ♥♥♥
                    My Big Sis Blue Rose PMS, My Littles PMS Khaleesi, Keeba PMS & PMS RebelChick
                    Iczoxochitl PMS ~ The best Co anyone could ask for! •◇°•°◇• My H2O & Confidant Sonico H2O

Comment

Originally posted by Piranha PMS View Post
                      Not that I've been aware of since I've been a general - I brought this up at our monthly meeting & it was agreed that we could do a mumble & we may have some forums coming up in the future - but I've never heard that :/ Then again, that was during the old leadership so who knows!
                      Forums? As in new forums/website?

♥ To my little bro and partner in life Grizz H2O & my amazing PMS, ElektraFox PMS
                      ♥ To Carson Chaos, Dink H2O, PMS Mariah
                      My Crime Fighting Partner H2O Callisto

Comment

Originally posted by H2O HugsNKisses View Post
                        Forums? As in new forums/website?
                        Lol nooo like new threads :P silly brains!

Comment

Hey Everyone!

We are happy to announce that there are now Casual Gaming Rooms in our Ventrilo!

They are right at the top for easy finding & we hope this helps all of our community come together just alittle more - divisions & casuals ♥

If you need help setting up Ventrilo, follow this guide!

Thank you to our community for letting us know this is what you want to see more of & huge Thank you to our Ventrilo Girls! (Emma, Rain & Khal!)

Comment

Hello New person!.. I'm sorry to barge into the thread but I saw that Piranha said Hugs has a brain...

When did this happen, and why wasn't I notified ? :O!

<3 ;D

-Neeks
                            sigpic
                            PMS Nova H2O DufferzH2O GillyPMS TheBotoxChickenH2O Rikisuma
                            Pink Fluffy Unicorns, Dancing on Rainbows! - So addictive... halp.

Comment

Realizing it was a year ago still if you play Arma 3 or the Breaking point mod add my tag on steam =) i would play.:mvclap:

Comment

Working...
                              X