New Girl Here!! could use help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Girl Here!! could use help!!

I am a PC gamer but, I do not play any of the games that are in my division. I would like to become a permanent member but am stuck as to where to go from here. I read the manual, and I understand I am supposed to go to the Division and apply. But without having the games I play on there I am lost.
    "Men should never compete with women. If they do, the guys will always lose. That is because women have a lot more endurance.":mvagree:

Re: New Girl Here!! could use help!!

What games do you play?

PMS Khaleesi, Emma Frost PMS, PMS Saralishous, PMS M0nkey, Zombie PMS
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube

Comment

Titanfall PC, ARMA3. I may be getting Battlefield soon, but that one is an iffy at the moment with all these new games about to drop. Probably Destiny too when it comes out
      "Men should never compete with women. If they do, the guys will always lose. That is because women have a lot more endurance.":mvagree:

Comment

Yeah, at the moment we don't have high enough interest for Titanfall PC or ARMA (unless you're playing DayZ, plenty of people around here play that).

If you end up getting BF4, submit an application over in the Battlefield PC section, and we'll get you all set up over there.
        tomorrow (noun) - a mystical land where 99% of all human
        productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Stream | YouTube | Thanks for signature Chaser!

Comment

I've noticed that in the Casual side of the clan. If you are not attached to a division, you have no master, no one watches or checks in with me for practice times, attendance, I pretty much play with whoever I want, whenever I want, with who I want. I'm like a special forces ghost, I'm here....but no one knows it.

And I agree with you AngelPhoe....it's a hole that needs to filled and addressed. Maybe by the new Clan Leaders. I've seen it in the past...if someone is in a division, and that division shuts down...like say CS:S, the ppl in that division scatter like dust in the wind. Like I'm playing right now with 3 H2O EX-BF3 div members, that I recruited for the div, but when we lost interest in the BF series, we had no where to go. We carry the H2O tags....but do nothing for the clan, cause we can't.
          Last edited by H2O LordOverkill; 03-29-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O LordOverkill View Post
            I've noticed that in the Casual side of the clan. If you are not attached to a division, you have no master, no one watches or checks in with me for practice times, attendance, I pretty much play with whoever I want, whenever I want, with who I want. I'm like a special forces ghost, I'm here....but no one knows it.

And I agree with you AngelPhoe....it's a hole that needs to filled and addressed. Maybe by the new Clan Leaders. I've seen it in the past...if someone is in a division, and that division shuts down...like say CS:S, the ppl in that division scatter like dust in the wind. Like I'm playing right now with 3 H2O EX-BF3 div members, that I recruited for the div, but when we lost interest in the BF series, we had no where to go. We carry the H2O tags....but do nothing for the clan, cause we can't.
            I am glad I am not the only one that feels like that!! I really would love to play with people because I am an insane communicator when it comes to playing in teams. It just sucks....:mvconfused:

Comment

Originally posted by AngelPhoe View Post
              I am glad I am not the only one that feels like that!! I really would love to play with people because I am an insane communicator when it comes to playing in teams. It just sucks....:mvconfused:
              Why can't you?

There's tons more stuff to do in this clan then be apart of a division. Join the Editorial, Charity, Event, Community, Merchandising, Technology, Digital, Game/Voice Server, E-Sports, or Youtube team.

Try a new game that we support, Starcraft, DOTA, and LoL are all Free to play and download games. Better yet, want a division we currently don't support? Post on the game's official forums, there's ton's of people looking to join a clan/community for many current games out there. Once you have 10+ submit a trial application.

♥ To my little bro and partner in life Grizz H2O & my amazing PMS, ElektraFox PMS
              ♥ To Carson Chaos, Dink H2O, PMS Mariah
              My Crime Fighting Partner H2O Callisto

Comment

Well here's an idea and anybody can take it and run. How about a Casual Division for all supported platforms. Here's my idea of how it plays out.

PC: Ventrilo, I've noticed that if I am not playing one of the games with a Division, I don't use Ventrilo. By making a casual Ventrilo channel, and having ppl use to hang out while they play whatever, clanmates might find each other and team up to play. example, DAYZ, anybody playing...check the casual channel, playing BF4, but not enough to join the Div, maybe someone from the the BF4 div wants someone to pay it with and it not practice time and nobody else is on, check the casual channel...never know.

XBOX and PS: The forums, casual members and division members who wanna play something outta their division but can't find anybody. Maybe they wanna try the newest free XBL or PSN game with someone. Post it in the forums like a personal add. example: Hi, I'm H2O Overkill, I just got "game" and I want to meet and play with some fellow clan ppl. My GT is "example" and I play usually "Xam to Xpm" cst time."

I know people do this on the forums already....but why not make a channel for it and encourage it more. It will encourage inter division discussion, maybe more recruitment, maybe more clan involvement and community events. Maybe do like, COD4 night, BF1942 night, StarCraft 1 night, Titanfall night, Rust night, etc etc

Comment

I completely agree with the whole general Vent channel! It would make meeting more people far easier as i'm sure there are people like me who struggle to post on forums and such and would find it easy talking freely on vent. It is easy to over think what you say on here but when you are actually talking it's a lot less nerve-racking and it would give members a specific place they can go if they want to meet new people to game with!

I only joined a few days ago and I am finding it rather irritating choosing a division to join on here. It's a hassle because I don't play any of these games seriously enough so having a Casual Division would be far simpler! But then that brings on the question of what should they need to do in order to earn their title. It would be difficult to monitor their practise times and it's not like it would benefit the clan in a whole as it would end up just being a group of people playing random games, not very united huh? I just think that in order for this clan to expand we need to add more games and hopefully branch out so that people who aren't in america and places with a similar time zone can play (please?) Rant over, go back to your normal lives

Comment

Originally posted by SakuraLei View Post
                    I completely agree with the whole general Vent channel! It would make meeting more people far easier as i'm sure there are people like me who struggle to post on forums and such and would find it easy talking freely on vent. It is easy to over think what you say on here but when you are actually talking it's a lot less nerve-racking and it would give members a specific place they can go if they want to meet new people to game with!

I only joined a few days ago and I am finding it rather irritating choosing a division to join on here. It's a hassle because I don't play any of these games seriously enough so having a Casual Division would be far simpler! But then that brings on the question of what should they need to do in order to earn their title. It would be difficult to monitor their practise times and it's not like it would benefit the clan in a whole as it would end up just being a group of people playing random games, not very united huh? I just think that in order for this clan to expand we need to add more games and hopefully branch out so that people who aren't in america and places with a similar time zone can play (please?) Rant over, go back to your normal lives

Well I noticed from your introduction post that you're into Hearthstone and SC2, both are very popular in the Clan. Remember, the main idea behind PMS and H2O, is to present gamers of all walks, sex, and whatever, a safe environment without hassle or discrimination. So I'm sure in the mean time you could jump into the SC2 div and play with them. If they bite....we got issues

Comment

Well I noticed from your introduction post that you're into Hearthstone and SC2, both are very popular in the Clan. Remember, the main idea behind PMS and H2O, is to present gamers of all walks, sex, and whatever, a safe environment without hassle or discrimination. So I'm sure in the mean time you could jump into the SC2 div and play with them. If they bite....we got issues
                      Only our Zerg players bite I promise that we take good care of everyone in the division.

LordOverkill and HugsNKisses hit the nail on the head; we're here to foster a community that tolerates all walks of life by gender, religious views and so on. A community whose people have no hesitation to say "I am proud to be here." And we are actually in a time where we are looking for lots of suggestions for possible new game divisions. Please do make a suggestion, it doesn't have to be a perfect or popular game. You never know, you might get that 10+ count for interested players..

Like you, SakuraLei, I don't have most of the games that the clan has Divisions for. Luckily I roped myself into SC2 on the basis that I'm an SC1 loyalist (still am, haha). That being said, you're right. We're doing well all around, however that "general lobby" is indeed somewhat absent. Sometimes I play with the CS:GO guys, other times I used to spend some time with our MineCraft and LoL divisions also. However, I have also used the public chat at the top of Ventrilo and put in my comment "Anybody up for a little World of Tanks?"

As others have said, it can easily spiral, but we have great people all around this clan and I'm positive that if we enlarged our general pool, it would be overseen by solid managers. Cross-mingling is important for community and culture-building. We're a team regardless of which game we play! To defy the statement of the movie Divergent: Community before Game Of Choice.
                      Me: "Okay, who else is staying to play more?"
                      H2O Atmosphyr: "Not me, I need to go to the store and buy the pants I'm not going to wear for Pants-less Friday."

Comment

Well here's an idea and anybody can take it and run. How about a Casual Division for all supported platforms. Here's my idea of how it plays out.

PC: Ventrilo, I've noticed that if I am not playing one of the games with a Division, I don't use Ventrilo. By making a casual Ventrilo channel, and having ppl use to hang out while they play whatever, clanmates might find each other and team up to play. example, DAYZ, anybody playing...check the casual channel, playing BF4, but not enough to join the Div, maybe someone from the the BF4 div wants someone to pay it with and it not practice time and nobody else is on, check the casual channel...never know.

XBOX and PS: The forums, casual members and division members who wanna play something outta their division but can't find anybody. Maybe they wanna try the newest free XBL or PSN game with someone. Post it in the forums like a personal add. example: Hi, I'm H2O Overkill, I just got "game" and I want to meet and play with some fellow clan ppl. My GT is "example" and I play usually "Xam to Xpm" cst time."

I know people do this on the forums already....but why not make a channel for it and encourage it more. It will encourage inter division discussion, maybe more recruitment, maybe more clan involvement and community events. Maybe do like, COD4 night, BF1942 night, StarCraft 1 night, Titanfall night, Rust night, etc etc
                        Originally posted by SakuraLei View Post

OMG, I love that idea! It would be amazing to do that! i would be willing to post about it for sure!!!

Comment

Also, I have a TeamSpeak server that I personally own. So people can always jump in mine. Its mainly for an Arma3 clan my husband runs, but he wouldn't mind people jumping in.

Comment

Hey!

So we are looking at this thread (me & Doc PMS, PC Generals :P ) & we see that you guys want more of a "community feel" & we feel ya!

We can't do a "casual division", as much as it seems simple, there just isn't a structure for it - but a mumble...maybe? Ventrilo, we have our public rooms, which everyone is welcome to join! But we can see into setting up a mumble for casual members to get together & chit chat without feeling as though they have to be in a "division".

Let us get your thoughts on this & we will try to make something happen

Comment

Originally posted by Piranha PMS View Post
                              We can't do a "casual division", as much as it seems simple, there just isn't a structure for it - but a mumble...maybe?

What's a mumble? o.O

sigpic

Please follow on Twitter at @BasiliskH2O

Comment

Working...
                              X