Wireless router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless router

So, I've recently realized that my wireless router at home is only a b/g router WRT54G series. Most of my technology at home is hardwired with CAT6, so I've never really been concerned with wireless speeds/networking. However, it's become clear that now is the time to upgrade. Despite the fact that I'm a huge tech junkie, built multiple computers, and love all things technology, I'm pretty dense when it comes to the recent developments with wireless routers. I've read a LOT of review only about different wireless routers and the ASUS RT-A66U (see link below). Yes, there are more recent versions out there for $200+ but I figured this one was pretty good and future-proofed for a while with Gigabit and Wireless AC, plus I've always had good experiences with ASUS products. Any information someone can offer on this or other wireless routers is greatly appreciated!

http://www.amazon.com/RT-AC66U-Dual-...words=rt-ac66u

sigpic

Please follow on Twitter at @BasiliskH2O

Re: Wireless router

L O V E my netgesr nighthawk ac1900. Its a beast. Barely got wifi to our back porch and now it goes out to the driveway with very strong signals.
    Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all....
    @GamersOutreach, Community Outreach Coordinator
    @Victoryoftheppl

Comment

Re: Wireless router

Originally posted by Victory PMS View Post
      L O V E my netgesr nighthawk ac1900. Its a beast. Barely got wifi to our back porch and now it goes out to the driveway with very strong signals.
      That was the other router I was looking at...it got pretty good reviews too!

I hooked up my ASUS RT-AC66U last night...WOW! This thing is blazing fast and reliable as all get up. I'm actually using it as an access point and not a router (since I have a separate Trendnet router for IP management), but this thing gives me signal throughout the whole house! Highly recommend!

sigpic

Please follow on Twitter at @BasiliskH2O

Comment

Working...
      X