If Ventrilo is being a pain, maybe time to look at alternatives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ventrilo is being a pain, maybe time to look at alternatives

Just read about this on Lifehacker.com. Looks very cool, but admittedly I don't know the clan's requirements/needs.

http://lifehacker.com/discord-is-the...ted-1785403197

We've had a lot of really positive feed back from our members who have used Discord (outside of practice, non-clan related, etc). It has a web interface and it's really easy to sign up & create new rooms. It also has a mobile app & persistent chat rooms that make things nice and easy.

I know there have been trouble with un-moderated chats in the past, but I think if we are able to moderate it, it would be a great alternative. Especially in a day when you don't need to pay for dedicated voice chat servers, etc.

XBL: PMS Phelixia ∙ Battle.net: Phelixia25 #1873
    Rabbit PMS ∙ Deuces H2O ∙ PMS Sireniix ∙ SammichMakr PMS

Comment

Its also a sponsoring issue, since our sponsor Clan Warz provide Ventrilo, (I think they still provide, Mumble and Teamspeak) to us for free. I would talk to Sonico H2O about Ventrilo issues (as he is the Ventrilo Server manager) in the meantime, and we can talk to clan leaders about the issues being experienced in the Ventrilo server as well.

Much love to H2O Camper & my clan sisters Jenga PMS, Ardroxian Rayne PMS & PMS Morgana!

Comment

Discord for gamers, free and better than all alternatives

Comment

I do agree that Discord would be the only other great alternative if we were to make a switch. I have used it in the past and can see its allure. Persistent chat rooms are pretty neat as you can log on at a later time and follow along with what people having been chatting about.

In regards to issues anyone may be having with Ventrilo. What might they be at this time? Besides its lack of features when compared to Discord?

As the forums are still turning up blank PM messages for me, meaning I really can't correspond well via forums until vBulletin fixes all its bugs, I ask that people with issues and requests, e-mail me at: ayane.san@gmail.com

In the subject line make sure to add "PMS|H2O Ventrilo"

As for unmoderated chat problems. Division Leaders, if you need more dedicated channel moderators to help police your lobbies during practice hours, then let me know and I will grant more captains/staff the ability to kick/move any offenders.

Thanks

- Sonico H2O
          Big high-five to my good friend & partner: Rabbit PMS
          Xbox Live: Zero Sonico X | PSN: Xeriak | Twitter: @SonicoH2O | Sonico H2O on Raptr | Sonico H2O's Twitch

Comment

Just another option but there is Curse. It's compatible with most PC games that it have it's own overlay in different games to make it convenient to use. There is both mobile and PC options to choose to download. Let alone it allows you to control the chat and provide different areas in each channel to chat in, just like Ventrilo. It's pretty much Discord and Ventrilo put in one and it's also bought and sponsor by Twitch. Sponsors communities and Twitch Channels as well.
            Twitch || Twitter || Xbox: Im Rabbit || Battle.net: Rabbit#1266 || LoL: PMS Rabbit

Thank you Lobi♥
            Senpai/Non-Official Big Sis: Iczo (Nessy)
            My Amazing Partner: Sonico
            ♥Shy | Lite | Phelixia | Eviljak ♥
            ♥Callisto | Beast | TimberWolf | HugsNKisses | Deuces | Recon | Natsu & Numzi | Dinky | Adikt | Itachi

Comment

[removed]
              Last edited by Yogurt H2O; 09-05-2016, 04:39 PM. Reason: removed because duplicate.
              tomorrow (noun) - a mystical land where 99% of all human
              productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Stream | YouTube | Thanks for signature Chaser!

Comment

I've been complaining about Ventrillo for so long, reading this thread was quite cathartic.

My opinion is that we should move to something a bit more modern (Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Mumble, Discord, ect).

My personal favorite is Mumble, mainly due to it's low latency and resource consumption.
                tomorrow (noun) - a mystical land where 99% of all human
                productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Stream | YouTube | Thanks for signature Chaser!

Comment

How about Ventastic?

xEnchantress|Rabbit|Rayne|Zombie|Wildcat|Grunt| Ovary|Amanda||Iczo|Callisto|Texas Angel|Magenta|EVILJAK|Skywalker
                  Practice Captain Destiny Xbox One/ Community Manager Gears of War 4

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Kylo Ren View Post
                    How about Ventastic?
                    I did a very quick google search to figure out what Ventastic is - it looks like it's an Apple specific app/version of Ventrillo?

Also - as much as I would love to see an upgrade from Vent to a more modern PC chat client, I think it would be better to focus on our current website and fix the larger issues on the forums before trying to upgrade another technology :/

Comment

Hi all - now that the website seems stable, can we bring this conversation back up? Is there a more recent application that we could get hosted by ClanWarz that we could use? Ventrilo has been a little bit of a turn off to some newer PC members

Comment

Personally I love Discord.It is so easy to use. I have never heard of anyone having problems with voice with it unlike Ventrilo where I don't think there has ever been a meeting I attended that someone didn't have an issue with their microphone. Ventrilo seems like a tool that probably was pretty cool in its heyday.

Comment

Hey guys,

After multiple discussions, we did get the green light to create a clan Discord - this is currently in the process of being made, and once it's finished we will open it to all clan members and recruits.

For our current PC diviison and future trials, all practices will be done in the clan Discord.

Glad we were able to make this happen!

♥ To my little bro and partner in life Grizz H2O & my amazing PMS, ElektraFox PMS
                          ♥ To Carson Chaos, Dink H2O, PMS Mariah
                          My Crime Fighting Partner H2O Callisto

Comment

Originally posted by H2O HugsNKisses View Post
                            Hey guys,

After multiple discussions, we did get the green light to create a clan Discord - this is currently in the process of being made, and once it's finished we will open it to all clan members and recruits.

For our current PC diviison and future trials, all practices will be done in the clan Discord.

Glad we were able to make this happen!
                            Yuuuuuuussssss
                            ~My Low-Key Siggy Shop is open! LINK~
                            <3 My Sisters & H2O: Lightning | Shy Achvmnt | Kupo

Comment

oh that is nice, I have not opened vent or ts in months, but I am on discord everday.

Comment

Working...
                              X