Windows 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10

Don't know if it's too late to register, but for users with Windows 7 and 8.1 you are able to get a free upgrade to Windows 10. I just finished mine upgrade and I have to say, I like it so far. The icons on the task bar are a bit small but that makes it look more slick and, of course, you are able to resize them via control panel options.

Internet:
    What I love most is the new "MS Edge" look for Internet Explorer. Instead of the familiar, noticeably, white border on a webpage you get a gray edge.
    I also love the fact that you can draw notes or designs on any webpage and save/send them to whomever.

Other:
    In addition to automatically detecting wrong spelling, when you right click to choose the correct one they also give you the ability to add that word to the dictionary (useful for Last Names with French origins like mines).

I had to update my AMD graphics card software but that was automatically detected and updated. I will update this post the more I use it.

CONS:
    Bad stability with videos in HD.
    Last edited by Equinox Jr H2O; 07-30-2015, 11:51 PM.

Re: Windows 10

Any BSOD's so far??
    I'm always a little bit leery every time a new OS upgrade is out..
    The upgrade shows as available... But I'm scared of what it might do to my system and the drivers... -_-
    Big high-five to my good friend & partner: Rabbit PMS
    Xbox Live: Zero Sonico X | PSN: Xeriak | Twitter: @SonicoH2O | Sonico H2O on Raptr | Sonico H2O's Twitch

Comment

I might try upgrading tonight or tomorrow... I am registered for the upgrade, but I need to do some backups first.

XBL: phelixia pms ∙ Battle.net: Phelixia25 #1873
      Rabbit PMS ∙ Deuces H2O ∙ PMS Sireniix ∙ SammichMakr PMS

Comment

Equinox, did you do a clean install of Windows 10? Or upgraded from 7 or 8.1 ?
        Xbox Live: Zero Sonico X | PSN: Xeriak | Twitter: @SonicoH2O | Sonico H2O on Raptr | Sonico H2O's Twitch

Comment

Yea, I did my backup and created a restore point. I haven't come to the BSOD and never hope to. However I am running Windows 7 (that's what I use for music production) on another partition just in case anything goes wrong.

edit: Sonico I upgraded from Windows 8.1

Comment

I know clean installs are highly promoted to avoid future problems in new OS upgrades.. But the time that comes with finding and re-installing everything all over again... X_X

I'll eventually upgrade, just probably not at this point in time. I'll wait until I've seen everyone's upgrade successes or woes..

Comment

I'm in the process of upgrading right now. I'll report back if it breaks my GRUB2 boot manager.
              tomorrow (noun) - a mystical land where 99% of all human
              productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Stream | YouTube | Thanks for signature Chaser!

Comment

Are you clean installing, Yogurt? Or direct upgrade from older 7 or 8 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonico H2O View Post
                  Are you clean installing, Yogurt? Or direct upgrade from older 7 or 8 ?
                  Upgrading from 8.1 to 10, but it started the upgrade, by downloading it. Then it didn't actually do the upgrade... very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Yogurt View Post
                    Upgrading from 8.1 to 10, but it started the upgrade, by downloading it. Then it didn't actually do the upgrade... very odd.
                    Any update on this?
                    I just may try upgrading a different PC in the household to Windows 10, before I upgrade my main laptop to it. I'm curious to see how this Xbox app works on Win 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonico H2O View Post
                      Any update on this?
                      I just may try upgrading a different PC in the household to Windows 10, before I upgrade my main laptop to it. I'm curious to see how this Xbox app works on Win 10.
                      No idea really.

In my update history it shows that it failed the update, so I went to initiate it again and it won't initiate it, at all. I tried to google-fu my way into trying a different way into forcing the update, but most of the answers tended to say, "just wait and you'll get the update". So now I'm waiting. No big deal really. It has the plus side of not messing with my boot configuration, so I think I'll just let it be until the weekend when my PC being knocked offline for a couple hours isn't a big deal.

Obviously, make your back up and/or create a restore point before proceeding.

Comment

On my laptop I just upgraded it from 8.1, we did back ups like last month, so I didn't bother but no Blue Screen of DOOOOOOOOOOM, sorry I had too. On the built PC, we have a ton of music editing programs/studio programs, and the companies said to wait on upgrades, bc they weren't sure if they would work right, but my boyfriend did it anyway and all the programs work fine.

We've been running smoothly on both for more than 24 hours now. I like it better than 8, its more sleek looking. To bad Cortana cant use voice commands on my laptop bc it was built before Cortana was invented lol but I still have the Cortana search bar and whatnot.

Much love to H2O Camper & my clan sisters Jenga PMS, Ardroxian Rayne PMS & PMS Morgana!

Comment

I just finished upgrading to Windows 10 a few hours ago.. And so far so good. I'm really loving the Xbox app. You can stream your gameplay from the Xbone to the app (no capture card required) and record gameplay at 1 hour, 30 minutes, 10 minutes and so on.. As long as you have hard drive space on your PC. This will make things a lot easier to make "Let's Play" and "Walk-through" videos by streaming to the app, wheras the Xbox One's native DVR only has a 5 minute limit.

You can also trim and save your videos as mp4. At least you don't need to worry about messing with Open/Sky Drive on the Xbone to get your clips.

Comment

I'm actually still in the process of getting it. Just have to go through about 10,000 updates to get my computer on track. (Not the literal number lol) going to take a while, really looking forward to all the neat Windows 10 features I've been hearing to much about!

"He who angers you, conquers you."

Comment

I don't know, lately I've been having some stability problems and YouTube doesn't want to play its videos in HD. It works fine if I'm using 240p. But when I go to HD, 720 or 1080, I get 1 second of video and then it stops working.

Comment

Working...
                              X