Spyware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyware

So currently my laptop has spyware so I'm trying to find a good program for that, currently I own norton 360 and need a spyware type program. Any help will be appreciated.

Shout out to my PMS! PMS Snowbunnie!

Re: Spyware

Id recommend look into Malwarebytes, run your scans in safe mode if able, should help you a lot. Also check your appdata/roaming folders for any infections where thats the location they normally hide in.

Comment

Malwarebytes is pretty good for removing any malicious programs.

Comment

Cool just bought the pro version. Thanks for the help!

Comment

And get rid of Norton. Norton is one of the worst antiviruses on the market.

Like the above, Malwarebytes is a very good free program. If you're looking for a decent paid a/v, I personally recommend Kaspersky.
          tomorrow (noun) - a mystical land where 99% of all human
          productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Stream | YouTube | Thanks for signature Chaser!

Comment

Or Webroot

Comment

Damn lol alright I'll get rid of it. I'm waiting for my product key to come to my email and I'll get the bytes.

Comment

I figured norton was pretty bad but it's got my mom fooled. I have crazy spy and malware happening on my laptop, so this thread was very helpful. I had webroot so I'll probably just redownload it. Thanks guys.

Comment

SuperAntiSpyware has always worked pretty well for me And it's free! Avast is also a pretty good program which has free and paid features.

Aww Spock..
                  Twitter|Instagram|PSN: PMS_Sugarpuff

Comment

DEFINITELY get rid of Norton lol. It's junk just like McAfee and a bunch of others I can name. As some people suggested Malwarebytes is a great program also SuperAntispyware is also really good. What do you use for your first line of defense? Like firewall and av program?

Formerly known as Stryder on the PMS/H20 Forums

Comment

I want to add that Comodo offers a top notch program that protects very well. It's free but you can upgrade if you choose to. This program is probably better than most of the paid protection programs out there on the market. A lot of them can't protect at all and if they can't protect how well do you think they can clean?

Comodo can be very confusing for basic users though. But if you want to give it a try here's the site

http://www.comodo.com/

Formerly known as Stryder on the PMS/H20 Forums

Comment

Working...
                      X