Nintendo Switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Switch

Okay...so now that the presentation has come and gone...is anyone else excited for the Nintendo Switch? I realize this clan has a more popular XB1/PS4 fanbase (as well as PC), but I know there are a lot of people that have/had a Wii or 3DS. I personally have already pre-ordered the Switch along with Breath of the Wild, but you can bet I'll be picking up MK8, Bomberman, Arms, and Splatoon 2, when they all come out! Anyone else with me?

EDIT: included known release dates below (in progress):

Confirmed for release on 3/3/17
    1-2 Switch
    Just Dance 2017
    Snipperclips
    Super Bomberman R
    The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

April 2017 (confirmed)
    Has-Been Heroes - 4/1/17 confirmed
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 4/28/17 confirmed
    LEGO City Undercover - 4/30/17 confirmed

May 2017 (confirmed)
    Rime - 5/9/17 confirmed
    Puyo Puyo Tetris - 5/31/17 confirmed
    Redout - 5/31/17 confirmed

Later in 2017
    ARMS - Spring 2017
    Splatoon 2 - August 2017 (speculated)
    Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2
    Dragon Quest X and XI
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - 2017
    FIFA - 2017
    Fire Emblem Warrious - Fall 2017
    Minecraft Story Mode The Complete Adventure - 2017
    Project Octopath Traveler - 2017
    Skyrim - Fall 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey - Holiday 2017
    Xenoblade Chronciles 2 - 2017

Unknown Release
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Last edited by BASILisk H2O; 01-19-2017, 12:46 PM.

sigpic

Please follow on Twitter at @BasiliskH2O

I'm probably gonna give it a few months to check reviews and play around with the one my brother pre-ordered. It looks sweet, but I'm just worried that with all the hype up for it, that it won't be nearly as good as it seems.

PMS RitzySapphire | BowToTheOracle | Nessa | Super Merc (And maker of sigs)

Comment

I'm getting it! I'll be picking up Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey, ARAMS, and Breath of the Wild as well. I did hear they are going to work on a new Smash Brothers. If they do, I'm 100% getting it.
      Twitch || Twitter || Xbox: Im Rabbit || Battle.net: Rabbit#1266 || LoL: PMS Rabbit

Thank you Lobi♥
      Senpai/Non-Official Big Sis: Iczo (Nessy)
      My Amazing Partner: Sonico
      ♥Shy | Lite | Phelixia | Eviljak ♥
      ♥Callisto | Beast | TimberWolf | HugsNKisses | Deuces | Recon | Natsu & Numzi | Dinky | Adikt | Itachi

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit PMS View Post
        I'm getting it! I'll be picking up Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey, ARAMS, and Breath of the Wild as well. I did hear they are going to work on a new Smash Brothers. If they do, I'm 100% getting it.
        Awesome! I'm definitely picking up all those games, plus probably Super Bomberman on release and Rime in May. I think Reggie accidentally confirmed that a Smash game is coming to the Switch, so yeah...I'll probably get that too! Also, I think it was confirmed that friend codes are going away, so maybe we'll finally have a real friends list like XB or PS...woohoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Oh man, I really hope that's how the new friends list is going to be! You have to add me when it comes out so we can play, BASILisk H2O !!
          Twitch || Twitter || Xbox: Im Rabbit || Battle.net: Rabbit#1266 || LoL: PMS Rabbit

Thank you Lobi♥
          Senpai/Non-Official Big Sis: Iczo (Nessy)
          My Amazing Partner: Sonico
          ♥Shy | Lite | Phelixia | Eviljak ♥
          ♥Callisto | Beast | TimberWolf | HugsNKisses | Deuces | Recon | Natsu & Numzi | Dinky | Adikt | Itachi

Comment

I'm taking a "wait and see" approach. The day one lineup is weak at best and Nintendo's recent history with third party support might make it a non starter for me if that continues.

Comment

Rabbit PMS Absolutely! We can definitely play together...I have to admit, BotW will have me pretty preoccupied for a while, but I've already pre-ordered Super Bomberman R for release and MK8 Deluxe when it comes out, so you can bet I'll be playing those (as well as Splatoon 2 and ARMS once we get a release date on those).

H2O 20tw3ntee I could totally see why you'd want to take a "wait and see" approach. A lot of people are in that boat since they gave a less than stellar presentation. Truth be told, this is the first time I'll ever be getting a console on release day, so I'm somewhat hyped up about that. Took me long enough, so I'm just glad to be jumping on the band wagon to be playing a Zelda game on Day 1.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit PMS View Post
                Oh man, I really hope that's how the new friends list is going to be! You have to add me when it comes out so we can play, BASILisk H2O !!

The whole "online functionality" is going to be a little more cumbersome and complicated than you think.. Yes, friend codes are going to be a thing of the past and we will now be using a "Nintendo account" going forward. However, the Switch will not have native function/use of the friends list, messaging, online status, voice/party chat, lobbies or matchmaking built in to the console directly.. Instead, Nintendo has opted to relegate all those features exclusively into a companion smartphone app titled "Nintendo App".. Yes, sounds like a crutch if you ask me. So whenever you want to organize a gaming session with friends or match-make with randoms, you'll need to whip out your smartphone every time to access the Nintendo App and basically take your focus off of your Switch screen and or 50" TV. Additionally, headsets cannot be plugged into the controllers for the Switch as they lack an audio input jack, unlike how the PS4 and Xbox One controllers have inputs for headsets. Instead, you will need to use your bluetooth headset tethered to your smartphone or a headset that can plugin to your smartphone for all of that..

I was initially uber excited for the Nintendo Switch and even preordered one the moment Amazon opened preorders for it.. But now I'm becoming ever more hesitant to be part of the early launch day party with really just one game to play.. "Zelda Breath of the Wilds". Yes I WANT the new Zelda game, but I fear there will be nothing left for me to do on the Switch after I beat it, and I'll be waiting for Super Mario Odyssey, come this next Christmas holiday season.

Most 3rd party devs have already dropped comments that their AAA titles that are releasing on PS4 and Xbox One, will NOT be getting ports on the Switch. Which leads me back to believe that the Switch does indeed only have Tegra X1 Maxwell tech and that the ARM CPU processor will be its bottleneck. I already saw the comparison screenshots of the PS4 version and Switch version of Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2.. and lets just say the graphic textures and aliasing is kind of abysmal to say the least, or more like Square Enix didn't even "TRY" with their port job of the game.. Hopefully as time goes on, devs will learn to develop and utilize the Switch in a way that games will use its full potential. I'm still holding out "hope" that the Switch's specs are actually custom Tegra P1 Pascal based.. but so far Nintendo is completely mum tight lipped on the matter.. No new technical spec leaks thus far.
                Big high-five to my good friend & partner: Rabbit PMS
                Xbox Live: Zero Sonico X | PSN: Xeriak | Twitter: @SonicoH2O | Sonico H2O on Raptr | Sonico H2O's Twitch

Comment

The Nintendo.co.uk site has more details on specifications just in case anyone is interested to look em over.
                  http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-S...1176277.html#1

It does list on there that the Switch will have Bluetooth connectivity. So hopefully they will make some Bluetooth headsets that can sync to the console, rather than only to your smartphone.
                  Big high-five to my good friend & partner: Rabbit PMS
                  Xbox Live: Zero Sonico X | PSN: Xeriak | Twitter: @SonicoH2O | Sonico H2O on Raptr | Sonico H2O's Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Sonico H2O View Post
                    The Nintendo.co.uk site has more details on specifications just in case anyone is interested to look em over.
                    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-S...1176277.html#1

It does list on there that the Switch will have Bluetooth connectivity. So hopefully they will make some Bluetooth headsets that can sync to the console, rather than only to your smartphone.
                    I saw that. I was actually pretty stoked to see some of those specs. Nintendo has never tried to compete with Microsoft and Sony with respect to processing power, so I'm not surprised that we aren't seeing some of the horsepower of more current gen consoles. However, at this point, they should definitely be sure that their systems can handle games at 1080p60fps on a TV screen, which according to the specs, it can when docked.

As far as the Bluetooth 4.1 capabilities, that's cool, but I'm not sure what the purpose of it is. The specs already show that there is an audio jack (presumably 3.5mm) for "connecting commercially available headphones, microphones, or headsets." So I guess this means that they are providing the technology for both regardless of what you have?

Truth is I think there is still a HUGE misunderstanding that hasn't been cleared up about the whole online/headset/smartphone debacle. First off, the Switch will not have 3G/LTE capabilities, so if you don't have WiFi, you won't be online or talking to anyone over the Switch anyway. If you are at home and choose to undock it (or somewhere else with free WiFi), then my guess is you'll be able to talk online just fine (I could be wrong, but that's just my guess). My bet is that the smartphone/tablet capability is for when you are at home playing in docked mode. Think about it...the joy-cons don't have a jack, so you need another way to talk online. My guess is you'll either be able to use a bluetooth headset that goes through the Switch directly OR connect a traditional headset to your phone/tablet that will work through the app.

Everything Nintendo has been pushing with the Switch has been about portability and the social aspect of gaming (i.e. take it with you and convert to 2-player instantly; connect up to 8 devices without a network; etc.). So assuming they are being smart about this, they are making it possible to be social with the Switch regardless of your setup when playing--docked at home, undocked with WiFi, undocked without WiFi, etc.

sigpic

Comment

I am going to wait for mario odyssey, even though bomberman and zelda also sold me on the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Outta-Control View Post
                        I am going to wait for mario odyssey, even though bomberman and zelda also sold me on the switch.
                        I could see why you would wait. I'm still opting to get it on Day 1. I figure Zelda will keep me busy for a while. I'll pick up Bomberman after the price drops or used. $50 is just too expensive for that game. Then Mario Kart 8 releases in April, and Rime in May. There is definitely enough stuff down the pike where I'm okay with it not all being available on Day 1.

sigpic

Comment

I'll be picking mine up on Friday pre- ordered it through Best Buy.

xEnchantress|Rabbit|Rayne|Zombie|Wildcat|Grunt| Ovary|Amanda||Iczo|Callisto|Texas Angel|Magenta|EVILJAK|Skywalker
                          Practice Captain Destiny Xbox One/ Community Manager Gears of War 4

Comment

Bumped: Just waiting for Super Mario Odyssey..

xEnchantress|Rabbit|Rayne|Zombie|Wildcat|Grunt| Ovary|Amanda||Iczo|Callisto|Texas Angel|Magenta|EVILJAK|Skywalker
                            Practice Captain Destiny Xbox One/ Community Manager Gears of War 4

Comment

Working...
                            X