Japan Earthquake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan Earthquake

Hey ,i want to discuss Japan Earthquake with your guys .A massive 8.9/9.0 magnitude earthquake hit the Pacific Ocean nearby Northeastern Japan at around 2:46pm on March 11 (JST) causing damage with blackouts, fire and tsunami.Over 230 aid workers from U.S, U.K & China entered Ofunato, a destroyed towns. All of them were speechless at the devastation of tsunami.let's hope Japanese people can be strong and recover from the huge disaster soon....

Re: Japan Earthquake

90,585 people donated $5,524,268 so far

Say that when I was going to check email

Comment

For those interested in donating to help those from the Japan disaster you can do so here http://www.gamersheartjapan.com/

Comment

also dont be afraid of Japanese products because of possible radiation like some......all products are still being screened I live in japan (okinawa) and a lot of americans here are freaking out I still eat sushi on a regular basis!!!!!

Comment

I just find it kind of wrong about people are not making a big deal about what happened in Japan like how they did with Haiti. But anyways, hopefully things will start to go back to normal when everything is situated around there and hope everyone is okay.

Comment

Well in a sense Japans a little better off. They had Preventive measures in place and even though its horrible here their measures worked. I do agree there isnt a big hoopla in the US to send tons of help. Yes we are helping a lot but nowhere near as much as in Haiti. And Japans is one of our biggest allies

Comment

oh also anpother way to help...lady gaga is selling some awesome bracelets on her website with all proceeds going to Japan...last I checked they were still on sale

Comment

Originally posted by CajunH2O View Post
                Well in a sense Japans a little better off. They had Preventive measures in place and even though its horrible here their measures worked. I do agree there isnt a big hoopla in the US to send tons of help. Yes we are helping a lot but nowhere near as much as in Haiti. And Japans is one of our biggest allies

The most help we got was from the US military stationed in mainland Japan, Okinawa & Guam. From day 1 they were involved in Search and Rescue and food drops. To this day they continue to help rebuild infrastructure and help the Japanese people in every way possible.

The American people should be very proud of all their men and women in uniform based in Japan as they saved a lot of lives. I wish the media gave them more coverage.

Comment

Oh I know....Im in Okinawa....I asked to go help they wouldnt let me though I know a few guys from here that are there, i just know its not as large scale as in Haiti nor does it receive nowhere near the coverage of help elsewhere. Ive been in okinawa for a year and a half now, ive been to tokyo and chiba a few times, and I love the Japanese people SO friendly and helpful and always love when I otaku out lol. I cant wait for TGS and hopefully next month to Akihabara

Comment

the last i checked i remember the japanese rebuilding and getting back up on their feet .. im pretty sure they'll get back up even better than before amazing people, you just have to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by sikander
                      Japan was totally devastated in ww2 . It emerged back into a super power . Now again it was struck with triple tragedy , earthquale , tsunami , nuclear leak . Now it has emerged back to normal . I salute the japanese spirit .
                      ^^^ I like the praising but Japan isn't a super power,..... they don't even have a standing army, well not that we know of but they do have a SDF.

Comment

Originally posted by H2O Lav View Post
                        ^^^ I like the praising but Japan isn't a super power,..... they don't even have a standing army, well not that we know of but they do have a SDF.
                        That's it! :mvagree: Talking about Japan's spirit will takes days... They not only emerged back to normal but also back to better and more prosperity. What a admirable nation!
                        Last edited by zanara; 09-15-2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Earthquake is one of the worst natural disasters that can ever happen..so far..
                          Thanks God I have never experienced it myself, I do not know how I would act in that situation. I cannot imagine my house destroyed and I am really grateful to God that saves me from that hell.

Help is needed and we all have to help somehow to people who got in difficult life situations.
                          Need help? - Help is here https://essaydune.com/write-my-paper/

Comment

Working...
                          X